Friday, April 10, 2009

Learnings

It has been a long week. An unexpected incident took place, another being was upset with me but most of all, I had to deal with myself. The whole episode has brought me upon the reflection of Good Friday and Easter.

I pray I will never in my lifetime, become like Judas. He was so close to Jesus and yet missed it altogether. What a tragedy it would be. So close yet so far. It serves as a good reminder for me, for all of us that our Faith is a lifelong journey, a constant choice.

We sang this hymn at Good Friday service tonight and this remained one of my favourite songs of all time, especially the verse below:
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.



"When Christ calls a man He bids him come and die" - Dietrich Bonhaufer

No comments: