Thursday, May 05, 2005

LETTING GO -What It Really Means

This is for you, WH. hehe, hope u'll be blessed.

To let go does not mean to stop caring,
it means I cannot do it for someone else.
To let go is not to cut myself off,
It is the realisation that I do not control another.
To let go is not to enable,
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try to change or blame another,
I can only change myself.
To let is not to care for,
but to care about.
To let go is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To let go is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their own outcomes.
To let go is not to be protective,
it is to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to deny
but to accept.
To let go is not to nag, scold or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and to correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes and to cherish the moment.
To let go is not to regret the past
but to grow and live for the future.
To let go is to fear less and love more
- taken from Asian Beacon, Dec 2004/Jan 2005

2 comments:

WH said...

Hi Yen Chin,

Wow, I can write an essay to debate many of the author's thots, but i guess i'll not get into that :)

Suffice to say that this is part of life. Some lucky/blessed ones goes thru life without much pain. Others may have to go thru more hurt than the recommended dossage.

I have gone (note past tense ;)) thru much interesting adventures in my life. I won't trade them for anything else. The good together with the bad has made me realise what it means to grow up. I'm looking forward to many more adventures.....the good and the bad.

Stay tuned to see if i ultimately loose my mind :)

Darn, looks like i end up writing an essay anyway :D

Thanks for taking the time to make this entry and dedicating it to me :)

enn@j said...

WH,

I myself personally don't agree with all that was adapted in the 'poem' but during our chat in msn, it just crossed my mind =)

Certain parts written very strongly provoked me from my own experience and i thought i'll just share it with you and hope u'll be blessed in some ways

have shifted my perspective to: the more dossage of 'hurts-pain-trials' i go thru, the more privileged & blessed i am. Not that I purposely asked for all that but have learned that through all that, i am made 'richer'.

I hope to be back in July, a week hopefully. See you then =)