Monday, December 05, 2005

Serendipity



Can Once In A Lifetime Happen Twice?
No name. No address. Just fate.
When Love Feels Like Magic, It's called Destiny. When Destiny Has A Sense of Humor, It's Called Serendipity.


A few years ago, I watched this movie. Vaguely remembered the details of the story but I know the movie stayed in me for a long, long time...somewhere in my heart and head lah. I have always loved this movie.I remember the movie got me thinking a bit at that time. Recently, when I was watching another movie on dvd, I saw Serendipity's trailer and it got stuck in my head.

So the next trip to the dvd 'pirates', I asked for the title, not really expecting anything since it was released a few years ago. But hey, i found it! A certain happiness at that moment.

And so, a few years later...I watched it for the second time. I still love that movie today. It still got me thinking a bit but I understood some lines better now. (I believe not in fate as the movie suggests BUT Faith. Faith in what, you may ask? Faith in God). It takes God to bring two people together in His perfect timing and then sustain them forever. One don't have to look far for a miracle

Guess what? I remember it was around Christmas when I first watched it and now, Christmas is just around the corner when I watch for the second time. Coincidence? What do you think?

I believe this movie will stay in me for another long, long time...

Go watch it this christmas *wink*

FYI : serendipity means making fortunate discoveries by accident.
Word History: We are indebted to the English author Horace Walpole for the word serendipity, which he coined in one of the 3,000 or more letters on which his literary reputation primarily rests. In a letter of January 28, 1754, Walpole says that “this discovery, indeed, is almost of that kind which I call Serendipity, a very expressive word.” Walpole formed the word on an old name for Sri Lanka, Serendip. He explained that this name was part of the title of “a silly fairy tale, called The Three Princes of Serendip: as their highnesses traveled, they were always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things which they were not in quest of....”

2 comments:

kiawin said...

oh... one of ken-horng's favourite i believe :) penang ppl all same taste ke? ;)

emeryz said...

Hey Joanne!! Love that show too!!! U have good taste!