Friday, April 07, 2006

Been to government hospitals lately?

For the past 2 weeks, I have known of 4 persons being admitted to the hospital :
1. Jeffrey, friend - was knocked down by a car in KL while trying to rescue a pregnant lady who fell while crossing the street. Fractured leg, operated and now, recovering in Gleanegles KL. Expected to be discharged on sunday and will be resting for quite sometime
2. Phui Yee's (my good friend) dad - severe asthma attack. Was in ICU for 3 days and then moved to normal ward in General Hospital, Penang. Now resting at home, will be for quite sometime
3. Steven, cousin - ligament tear. Went for a minor surgery last two days and was discharged from Lam Wah Ee, Penang yesterday. Now resting at home
4. My 89 years old 'amah' (grandma) - Fell down last saturday in the middle of the night. Pain in the leg, was operated yesterday after her suddenly occured high blood pressure decreased. Still in General Hospital, Penang now. Should be discharged soon but will be bedridden for the rest of her life

I visited Phui Yee's dad and my amah...government hospitals are some of the saddest places to be at, especially at the common wards where a lot of patients habitate. I noticed, as I walked in...most heads turned, faces of anticipation watched my every step until I stop at the bed of the person I am to visit, faces that seem to yearn for visitors.

Most are elderly, some seeking for attention...in fact, they don't have to say anything. The look on their faces says it all.

Been to government hospitals lately?
If you watch carefully and stop a while to look at those faces with your heart, you'll find that they may just teach you some lessons and change your perspectives about life and the people you have....or perhaps, I am taking a different turn in my journey.

------------------------

For those who have kept my amah in prayers, THANK YOU.
She has been operated.
May God continue to have Mercy and Grace on her and the rest of my family members.

2 comments:

kiawin said...

different steven kan?

enn@j said...

of cos it's a different steven...its steven tay, my cousin!

not the other one, wow...if he is my cousin, goooossshhhhhhh ;p