Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Of the soul

Oh Lord
How my soul cries out to You
How long more? I ask
Must I endure this world and it's wickedness?

Some lives seemed so smooth-sailing
Mine is definately not one of those
With bills to pay and family burdens back home,
I need to carry on
And yet the pain in my soul seemed so real

Father, do you not hear Your daughter's cries?
And the tears i shed in my own little chamber...alone?

I seemed strong in the world out there
Stating my stands, making myself heard
but truly,
I am weak inside
I need You Lord
Help me through, I pray
____________________________________________________________________

Turn to me and be gracious to me,
For I am lonely and afflicted
The troubles of my heart have multiplied
Free me from my anguish
Look upon my affliction and distress
and take away all my sins.
See how my enemies have increased
and how fiercely they hate me!
Gurad my life and rescue me;

let me not be put to shame
for I take refuge in you.
May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in You
-Psalm 25:16-21


1 comment:

enn@j said...

a friend and brother expounded on this poem brilliantly well in his blog. Check it out

http://jacksaid.tblog.com
(Voices of Eve)

Thanks jacksaid =)